LOCAL BOXERS PREPARED FOR FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS

7 professional boxing bouts are scheduled to take place this Friday night at the Grand Casino in Hinckley, MN. With Robert Brand and Al Sands both falling off the show, it is a handful of Minnesota boxing’s next generation of up and comers that will be gunning for fight of the night honors.
DeLorien Caraway will box in his first main event against a tough Philadelphia fighter Jerome Rodriguez. Caraway is coming off the best win of his pro career last time out in Hinckley.
Ve Shawn Owens steps up against Romon Barber in a highly anticipated match. Barber has given many good fighters all they could handle.
RJ Laase says he is looking to get back on track following a war against Benito Tovar last year. Joe Amouta will try to continue his winning streak against one of Minnesota’s top MMA fighters Travis Perzynski.
Prospect Celso Ramirez takes on tough and determined Ryan Soft of South Dakota in another fun matchup.
Circle of discipline’s Richard Quinterio takes on  Jeff Farmer and BJ Lacy of Minneapolis and Duluth’s Anthony Palmisano  meet in a cruiserweight fight to start the nights action off.
Words from some of the combatants can be read below. The entire card and record details can be seen by CLICKING HERE

DeLorien Caraway sharing his thoughts on his opponent Jerome Rodriguez: He’s a tough Philly kid and we have history. We’ve been in the ring before but I vaguely remember the sparring session because it happened over two years ago. Like I told my team, I expect a fire fight. All in all, he’s a better opponent then my last one and I’m 100% prepared. Continue reading “LOCAL BOXERS PREPARED FOR FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS”

ARIAS DEFEATS SIGMON, TRUAX BOUT ON THE HORIZON?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin’s Luis “Cuba” Arias (17-0) successfully defended his USBA Middleweight title

Arias lands a left hook to Scott Sigmon. Photo by Zach Taylor

against Virginia’s Scott “Cujo” Sigmon (29-11-1) last Friday night in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. According to http://www.Boxingscene.com, Arias controlled the early going with his jab and outworked the always tough Sigmon over 10 solid rounds of action. Scores read 99-91 on all three scorecards.
Arias and Sigmon were set to box in a featured bout in Saint Paul this past Saturday until the show was postponed earlier last week.
Prior to the announcement of last weeks scheduled show, there was talks of Arias and “Golden” Caleb Truax using that show to be featured together on the same card with the hopes of setting up a fight between the two later this year. For the moment, it seems Truax and Arias are heading down different paths but Midwest fans are still hoping to see it’s two top middleweights meet in a future bout. Truax and Arias shared there thoughts with Minnesotaboxing.com weeks ago on the the rumored showdown.

TRUAX: “There has been talk of putting Arias and myself together, so we will see how it shakes out.  We fought on the same card last August, and I remember him in a fight with Javontae Starks when they were just kids. Other than that, I haven’t seen much of him. I know he’s undefeated and hungry, so it will be a big challenge, but I’m up for anything. I hope it is a fight that can be made asap.”

ARIAS: “There have been some talks about Truax being a potential opponent of mine. As an undefeated champion, I’d treat him like the rest of them. Break him down and get him out of there. It’s a tough fight for him and they know it. Every time he has fought an undefeated guy or someone who can actually fight, he losses. If the fight happens or if it doesn’t, I will become a world champion. Let’s see how everything plays out. I’m always ready!”

“THE FINAL STEP” FOR BRANT ON APRIL 21

Photo courtesy of Greg Garbow/Garbow Imagery

World rated middleweight contender Robert “Bravo” Brant (22-0, 15 KO’s) returns to the Grand Casino in Hinckley, MN on April 21, 2017. It’s being called “The final step” because the Minnesotan appears to have a major title fight lined up for later this fall.

“It’s unexpected news, but I’m happy to announce I’ll be returning to action on April 21st at my home base Grand Casino Hinckley!” said Brant.  “I was recently informed that I’m in line for a huge opportunity this fall but I don’t want to sit until then. I feel like I need to stay busy to be ready. My team supports my decision to fight 100% and in order to be ready for my shot in the fall I’ve directed them to find me an opponent that will be a test and prepare me for top competition and also give my Minnesota fans that have supported me throughout the years a great fight. We’ll be announcing my opponent next week.”

A full undercard will be announced next week.

CALEB TRUAX RETURNS PLUS ARIAS VS SIGMON ON APRIL 1

Caleb Truax lands an uppercut to Melvin Betancourt in February of 2016 in Carlton, MN

MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA (March 14, 2017) – Fight Club MN will feature the official Twin Cities return of “Golden” Caleb Truax (27-3-2, 17 KOs) as the Feature Bout of the Night, squaring off against Indianapolis’ Eric “The Juggernaut” Draper (8-8-1, 3 KOs) in a scheduled 10-round bout.

Truax is finally making #TheReturn to his homeland where he has only fought once in the last three years, a 4th Round stoppage of veteran Melvin Betancourt in February of 2016 in Carlton, MN.

Local hero, Truax, was last in action in January (unfortunately an exhibition due to last minute medical clearance issues with his scheduled opponent) where he was still able to put on a skills exhibition in battering veteran Darnell Boone over 6 rounds of action. Previously, Truax disposed of Zach Kelley with an emphatic 2nd Round KO in Milwaukee last August. Continue reading “CALEB TRUAX RETURNS PLUS ARIAS VS SIGMON ON APRIL 1”

BRANT MAKES ESPN LIST HEADING INTO FRIDAY’S TITLE DEFENSE

Minnesota’s Robert “Bravo” Brant (21-0, 14 KO’s) ranked in as ESPN’s top middleweight prospect to watch for in floboxingfightseries-1080x1080-1the world and number 12 overall following a successful 2016. Brant picked up 3 solid wins last year and is schedule to defend his WBA-NABA middleweight title at the Grand Casino in Hinckley, MN this Friday night against Mount Clemens, Michigan’s Alexis Hloros (18-5) in a bout scheduled for 10 rounds. Brant had spent most of training camp in Texas preparing to face George Carter Jr. (14-2-1, 7 KO’s) of Galesburg, Illinois but an arm injury brought Hloros in last week.

When it comes to my current opponent (Hloros), I expect the best that he can give us on such short notice” said Brant. “He is a come forward, throw everything with bad intention style fighter, but within that has a lot of defensive holes that I plan to capitalize on. He has never been ten rounds before so I expect him to start fast and aggressive. As for Carter dropping out on short notice, I was prepared to fight whoever. I had five months between fights and had been training to both orthodox or southpaw. I was excited to fight someone who had been preparing so vigorously for me in particular, but glad to take on all challengers”. Continue reading “BRANT MAKES ESPN LIST HEADING INTO FRIDAY’S TITLE DEFENSE”